The Management Academy will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Engage in a unique, South Carolina specific curriculum led by best in class state, regional, and national presenters
- Enhance the level of professional confidence in their ability to succeed and lead as a healthcare manager
- Develop the networking and interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with other managers within their own organization
- Develop management skills and leadership competencies that will help advance the mission of their departments and organizations
- Develop an interdisciplinary network of peers from hospitals across the state to discuss and share best practices and key trends
Who Should Participate in The Management Academy?
- New managers in hospital administration, nursing, or ancillary services
- Potential management candidates tapped for leadership roles
- Middle managers tapped for greater leadership roles
- Experienced managers looking to increase or develop additional skills
The cost of The Management Academy is $4,400 per participant and includes training, all necessary materials, all accommodations, plus most meals (we will allow 3 nights for participants to make their own dinner plans). Because The Management Academy offers personalized instruction and coaching we cannot exceed 26 participants. Space is limited! To ensure a diverse class, SCHA will accept no more than five candidates per hospital.
The Management Academy includes four two-and-a-half day sessions held in convenient in-state locations. Dates are confirmed. Topics subject to change due to ever changing healthcare environment.
Below are the confirmed dates for the 2018 Management Academy Class. Specific agendas will be available at a later date.
Session One • May 16 – 18, 2018 • Columbia, SC
Session Two • July 11 – 13, 2018 • Greenville, SC
Session Three • September 26 – 28, 2018 • Coastal Area, SC
Session Four • November 14 – 16, 2018 • Columbia, SC